Electromagnets are well known for their strength and wide range of applications. They are the magnets that possess the magnetic power due to the flow of an electric current through them. Due to the flow of electrons, a magnetic field is produced that even attracts other electrons.
Many metals have the capacity to turn into an electro magnet and one of the strongest metals is Neodymium. Neodymium magnets are also considered to one of the strongest magnets that shows high magnetic power. It has many uses and benefits. Lets understand more about the neodymium magnets and its strength.
Neodymium magnets are very well known for their strength and the reason behind this is the high level of saturation magnetization capacity. It is the sole property of the metal to hold such magnetic energy and the pull strength that it can achieve. Here are some interesting facts about the neodymium magnets that you must know:
- Neodymium magnets are formed using alloys like neodymium, boron, and iron with a formula Nd2Fe24B.
- This crystalline structure has a tetragonal arrangement of atoms, which forms a high uniaxial magneto crystalline anisotropy. This means that the neodymium magnets has only one axis and doesn’t require much energy for magnetizing.
- The electron spin of the neodymium magnets is aligned in a single direction that gives it extreme magnetic force for which it is recognized.
- The neodymium magnets were first invented in the late 20th century by Sumitomo, General Motors and the China academy of sciences.
Neodymium magnets: Cost and Uses
Soon after the invention of neodymium magnets, they were found to be very useful and were used in several kinds of scientific researches. Also the cost of neodymium magnets is not too high, which makes it more famous and employed widely. It is cheaper than samarium cobalt, which is also a strong metal magnet.
Some of the common uses of neodymium magnets include:
- The hard drive of a computer uses neodymium magnets.
- Employed in the speaker phones attached in the computer.
- When it comes to hospitality, neodymium magnets are used in MRI machines and other small equipment.
- Security systems also applies them.
- Also, now-a-days, many people interested in magnet researches and magnet enthusiasts use neodymium magnets for carrying out experiments and researches.
Although, neodymium magnets are very useful and strong, you must keep in mind some precautions and safety measures while using it. Keep it away from children and never ever try to swallow it. Also you need to maintain the temperature of the room, to keep the neodymium magnets in a favorable condition. For more information on neodymium magnets, you can visit our website.
Neodymium magnets have wide range of properties that makes it a strong and useful magnet. The researches and experiments are carried out consistently to know more about the magnet and its applications. On the internet you will get to learn more about its structure and the formation.
I am “Daniel Taylor”, a Professional Writer and Blogger. Right now, I’m working on home improvement and gardening topic on behalf of tech-all.org. I love to share my knowledge and experiences with everyone by publishing informative articles on my site.